Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: how does setup work

From: Michael Dean
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: how does setup work
Date: 24 Jun 2003 18:13:07 -0500

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 11:51, address@hidden wrote:
> but it only does NOT hit the database, if you use the oproc db object,
> right? In sitemgr, I want to insert a new value into the database on a
> specific upgrade, than retrieve the insert_id, and do some database
> updates based on this value. I can not use the oproc db object, since
> it does not have the get_last_insert_id function. Is there a solution
> to this problem?

No - it does not hit the database if you already have been upgraded to
that version.  Remember that the functions ALWAYS operate on the
baseline structure, but only operate on the database if it contains a
newer version than what you're currently at.

Why can't you use the db object from the instance of the processor?  It
is the same class in the API.  Don't confuse the oproc object with a
database class.  The query methods and such are just helper methods that
forward the calls to the contained db object.

Mike