[Phpgroupware-developers] Project collaboration

From: Andrew Mitchell
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Project collaboration
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 00:20:28 +1200

Hi,
I would like to nominate for the phpGroupWare Coordination Team.  Many of you
will be wondering who I am, and why I think I have the right to nominate.
I will give you a little background to help you decide if you think I should
be eligible and if you will vote for me.

I have been lurking on #phpgroupware pretty much constantly for 12 months or
so and was around for a bit for a year or so before that.
I keep an eye on project happenings on the lists, and have a good rapport
with several active contributors to the project.  I am a coder and packager
for the DotGNU project.  I also have a moderate involvement with the GNU
Enterprise project.

My primary reason for nominating is that I am interested in seeing phpGW
collaborate with other projects, which I think is an important thing.
For me collaboration is more than just dropping into a channel from time to
time to say hi.

My vision for collaboration involves some code sharing between phpGW and
other projects.  If code sharing is not possible (due to compiler language
issues), then in my mind webservices is the answer.  I have played with the
phpGW XML-RPC interfaces, which show a lot of promise, but I am also
interested in seeing phpGW apps become clients for other systems. I am happy
to discuss these ideas further, regardless of what happens with my nomination.

I hope that you will consider my nomination.
Andrew Mitchell

--
Andrew Mitchell
Email: address@hidden