Re: Identifying apps stati - Was: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Status o

From: Maât
Subject: Re: Identifying apps stati - Was: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Status of the Debian packaging of phpGroupware
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:31:31 +0100

Sigurd Nes a écrit :
> Olivier Berger wrote:
>
>> Le mercredi 20 février 2008 à 00:21 +1100, Dave Hall a écrit :
>>

>>> I think that once released 0.9.18 could be packaged a little differently
>>> to 0.9.16.  0.9.18 will probably use a new release model, if I ever get
>>> time to get infrastructure setup for it.
>>>
>>> Packages will have one of 4 stati:
>>>
>>> Core - the core modules which should be installed for all installs
>>>
>>> Maintained - actively maintained and developed modules, should also be
>>> mature
>>>
>>> Supported - gets security and critical bug fixes - best effort response
>>>
>>> Orphaned - use at own risk
>>>

>> Seems very much interesting.
>>

>>> There may also be a incubator modules for new modules under development
>>>
>>> I think we should have 1 deb for the core and separate debs for each of
>>> the maintained modules, IMHO including supported modules should be
>>> discussed further.
>>>

>> I'd like to start with such setup from now on if we produce new
>> phpgroupware packages, even for 0.9.16.012.

verry cool news :)

( btw for the Debian unofficial packages: well done Olivier :) )

>> Would you be able to suggest applications for "Core" and "Maintained" in
>> such a setup ?
>>
>> Of course, in Core, I would see phpgwapi, setup, admin and preferences.
>>
>> For Maintained, the fewer we have, the better (Debian
>> packaging-wise ;) ?
>>

> For 0.9.18 I would really appreciate to have at least 'addressbook',
> 'calendar', 'ged', 'hrm', 'manual', 'projects', 'property' and 'sms' in
> Maintained.

nearly same thing here : 'addressbook', 'calendar', 'ged', 'manual' (if
working properly), 'projects', 'property',

plus a wiki (the one phpgw has got now is ok even if a little bit
"light"... the "wiki" feature is really really asked for by our project
managers the greatest lack it has got
now is in acl control : no way to reserve a "zone" in the wiki to a
group or to give write rights to a group and read rights to an other and
nothing to the rest of the world )

> 'syncml' might go in core ?

+1