Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] RE: [Phpgroupware-cvs] [18517] hum hum hum

From: Benoit Hamet
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] RE: [Phpgroupware-cvs] [18517] hum hum hum, please test your code before com
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 12:44:36 +0200

Sigurd Nes a écrit :
> http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/trunk/phpgwapi/inc/class.db.inc.php?root=phpgroupware&r1=18482&r2=18517&pathrev=18517
>
> _queryID vs _resultid
>
> Are you really sure about this one?
In the case of psql I got the following :
ADODB_postgres7 Object
(
    [...]
    [hasInsertID] => 1
    [_resultid] => Resource id #113
    [...]
    [_queryID] => 1
    [...]
)

and from php.net :

 string pg_last_oid  ( resource $result  )

pg_last_oid() is used to retrieve the OID assigned to an inserted row.

OID field became an optional field from PostgreSQL 7.2 and will not be
present by default in PostgreSQL 8.1. When the OID field is not present
in a table, the programmer must use pg_result_status() to check for
successful insertion.

To get the value of a SERIAL field in an inserted row, it is necessary
to use the PostgreSQL CURRVAL function, naming the sequence whose last
value is required. If the name of the sequence is unknown, the
pg_get_serial_sequence PostgreSQL 8.0 function is necessary.

PostgreSQL 8.1 has a function LASTVAL that returns the value of the most
recently used sequence in the session. This avoids the need for naming
the sequence, table or column altogether.

etc...

Anyway, your question make me doubt a little bit, so I do this little try :
if ($params[0] < 8 || ($params[0] == 8 && $params[1] ==0))
{
  _debug_array($this->adodb);
  _debug_array($this->adodb->Insert_ID($table, $field));
  $oid = pg_getlastoid($this->adodb->_resultid);
  _debug_array($Record[0]);

And I should ask now, Why the hell are you not using the
$this->adodb->Insert_ID() function ???? the
_debug_array($this->adodb->Insert_ID($table, $field));
and _debug_array($Record[0]); return the same values, So I guess that
I'm pretty sure of using _resultid instead of _queryID, which in any
case let php5 on error ... So I guess this code was never never tested
... At least not with the current code into trunk.

This one returns the right value in my case (psql 7.4), so I don't
understand why you rewrite it ...

Regards,

Caeies.