phpgroupware-users

[Phpgroupware-users] re: phpgw 9.16preRC slow

From: Kevin Scott
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] re: phpgw 9.16preRC slow
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 22:55:13 +0000

Sorry for no quotes, I accidently deleted the msgs and no trash turned on.
Anyways
the discussion was about using vacuum to clean up pgsql database to improve
performance. i did a lttle research and yes most definitely one should vacuum a
busy
(updates, deletes) database at least daily. For the record -
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.2&idoc=1&file=routine-vacuuming.html
and of course "man vacuum" & "man vacuumdb". I've added the relevant commands as
cron jobs. It makes a noticable difference. Thanks again to everyone for your
input
- Kevin Scott