phpprintipp

Re: [Phpprintipp] Media attributes

From: Psou
Subject: Re: [Phpprintipp] Media attributes
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:06:38 +0200

Hi Thomas,

Le Saturday 23 August 2008 20:17:14 Thomas Harding, vous avez écrit :
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 06:50:39PM +0200, Psou wrote:
> > Anyway, there are still two issues that I can't solve while using
> > PrintIPP::getPrinterAttributes() :
> > 1 - All kind of attributes which concern media (type, format and source)
> > are mixed in the same attribute : "media_supported". As I want to build a
> > print dialog box, I need to separate these three groups of attributes.
> > I'm quite sure that there is a way to do so, since when I use CUPS http
> > interface, I get three distinct lists of values to set up separately the
> > type (Preprinted, Transparency, Labels...), the format (Letter, A4, ...)
> > and the source (Auto, Tray1, Tray2,...) of paper.
>
> Well: Maybe CUPS http interface uses "CUPS-Get-Printer" operation, with
> 'all' for requested-attributes. CUPS-Get-Printer is not yet supported
> by php::print::ipp (I think it didn't exists as I wrote CUPS front-end).

OK, I'll try to implement this operation today and if I get something working,
I'll post the code on this list.

> What you describe ("mixed response") is "media-supported" attribute
> response to Get-Printer-Attributes operation, which is the standard
> IPP response.

I'm sure of that, don't feel aimed :-). I read your code and debug ouputs and
I saw that you only re-arranged the whole CUPS response. I was rather
thinking to some unimplemented "sub-operation" as I'm not well up in IPP
rules.

> Howether, you can try this to collect a complete (but standard) response:
> //$requested_attributes = array('job-sheets-supported','media-supported');
> $requested_attributes = array('all');
> $ipp->setAttribute('requested-attributes',$requested_attributes);
> $ipp->getPrinterAttributes();
> var_dump($ipp->printer_attributes);

I've just tried that, but I didn't notice significant differences (about my
issues, I mean).

> I think it is not in my documentation :(
>
> Currently, there is a lot CUPS specific operations not handled by CUPS
> php::print::ipp frontend, and I have no time to implement them, at least
> before october.

<joke>OK, I notice, you don't want to make any effort ! </joke>

> I will thanks anyone who will take a look to
> http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/spec-ipp.html
> then implement missings in php::print::ipp (and there is not only CUPS
> specific stuff!). There are also some operations already coded but
> nether tested because CUPS was not ready...

Well, I'll try to do my best but I'm sure that I won't have time enough to
swallow and digest all the RFCs involved, so I certainly will need your help
and advices in some cases.

> I recall the cvs:
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/phpprintipp
> co phpprintipp