phpprintipp

Re: [Phpprintipp] Possible bug or setting?

From: Thomas Harding
Subject: Re: [Phpprintipp] Possible bug or setting?
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 21:05:33 +0100

On 09/Feb - 16:53, Spencer Reynolds wrote:
> I have been working with the print ipp package and it has been working
> well.  However, when dealing with a large number of print jobs say over
> 100 jobs in one printer the getJobs() function only returns a smaller
> number than actually exists in the queue for example (54 jobs when there
> are over a 100).  After releasing a job the next available job would
> load into the getJobs() array but it would still be the same smaller
> size.
>
> below is the piece of code I used to get the jobs
>
> $ipp->getJobs($my_jobs=false, $limit=0,"not-completed", true);
>
> I played with the window size in the http_class.php and by decreasing
> the chunk size I was able to get it to list more jobs but not the entire
> amount.  Also note that I had about 8 printers each with over 100 jobs
> each if that helps at all.
>
> If you could provide any insight on how to solve this problem I would
> greatly appreciate it,

This is an implementation bug of http_class :
 the way to drop it will be to let stream_set_blocking in the
 _ReadStrem() function to 1, then rewrite few things in both this
 function and its caller "ReadReply()" (delete the loop).

However, I wrote this function with stream_set_blocking to 0 because
of "hanging" problems while the socket is not closed on server side.

So, this needs more experimentations "in real life" before to switch
on blocking mode.

The main problem with this backend is that use of curl will be a
better solution if the last will offer ability to send arbitrally both
strings and file streaming as needed for IPP.

--
=== The BOFH Excuse Server ===
Your excuse is: suboptimal routing experience