phpprintipp

Re: [Phpprintipp] Black and white

From: Thomas Harding
Subject: Re: [Phpprintipp] Black and white
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 13:52:40 +0200

Le 29/07/2010 10:29, Malik GUERID a écrit :
> Hello,
>

> First of all, thank you very much for your implementation of IPP in PHP, it
> really work fine and help me a lot ! Bravo ! But there is still one little
> thing that I never be able to do and it's why I'm writing here.
>
> I try to print in black and white, but I didn't find the "printer-attribute"
> to set for this or the correct configuration. In Ubuntu printer interface,
> you can set it, so it must be possible to do it in PHP, isn't it ? I've also
> seen all the specific printer "options" in command line, but, again, I don't
> know how to use it in PHP. The last thing in tried, is to use the
> "blackplot" cups-attributes but it wasn't considered as a correct
> attributes.
>
> Maybe I'm not looking in the right direction, or I miss something. So maybe
> you have a way to show to me ? Thanks a lot !

(Im from France, so don't worry for my English too)

It's always better to give software version (eg: CVS revision) while
requesting about a problem.

There are still pending problems in non-blocking tcp/tls/Unix socket tcp
window (bytes number), as PHP iplementation was still weak while
I last tested.
I think this is solved in CVS version.

*****
 TO ALL : Please remain I really one to take other this piece
   of software. Last news is no response from GNU Project,
   certainly because when you offer a project, you *become*
   *GNU maintainer for that software*.
*****

In any way, do not use the tar or debian package version : use the
CVS one which address / command lise is given on PHP::PRINT::IPP
main site and Savannah pages.

You'll also find the full documentation in archives/CVS, with tips on
how to query server on printer capabilities then setup your prints.

As I can remain, CUPS uses "gray" and "line-or-Something-like" for
respective black and white and black drawing, then the Cups filters
do the job.

HTH,
tsfh.