phpprintipp

Re: [Phpprintipp] Printing to Epson SX440W network printer

From: Thomas Harding
Subject: Re: [Phpprintipp] Printing to Epson SX440W network printer
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 23:52:43 +0200

Le 30/09/2012 23:01, address@hidden a écrit :

I placed BasicIPP.php CupsPrintIPP.php ExtendedPrintIPP.php http_class.php PrintIPP.php in the "printipp" directory.

This is the code:

require_once('printipp/PrintIPP.php');
$ipp = new PrintIPP();
$ipp->setHost("192.168.0.13");
$ipp->setPrinterURI("ipp://192.168.0.13:631/printer");
$ipp->setData("testdata.txt");
$ipp->printJob();

Tested printer uri:

ipp://192.168.0.13:631/epson

[...]
/printers/epson

I always get "Warning: server responds http/1.1 404 not found"

Can I make this work somehow?

In first, for "print" operation only BasicIpp and the http backend files are needed, the other ones expand possibilities (CUPS needs a CUPS server).

secondly, random tries will never work :)

I doubt your first attempt would ever work: ipp uri is regarding server internals itself, so do not repeat host IP.

Most likely:

* paths setup is done for cups (/printers, /jobs, etc): on most network printers you would set the 4 paths (public array $ipp->paths) to "/", http://phpprintipp.nongnu.org has links for docs

* you can get "printer uri" by printing the "IPP setup page" in your network printer menu (hardware physical panel), which by experience will be distinct from "network setup page" nor "setup page".

* I guess your *network printer IP* is 192.168.0.13 and you didn't wrongly typed the web server one :)

Third, you are in reason wants printing only text/plain ascii, as most network printers will not handle files other than the printer one "language" (PCL, etc). In these days a few printers has PostScript as an option, and only a little number of high price printers will handle PDF, jpeg or PNG.

However, I recommend using CUPS, eg with a Debian system on an old workstation -- instead of garbage it: this will allow numerous useful capabilities as re-print, change page settings, move queue to another printer (maintenance, ...), setting banners, etc. Also to print print directly numerous file formats with a constant setup (color profile, ...).

Regards,
TSFH