phpprintipp

Re: [Phpprintipp] Printing to Epson SX440W network printer

From: Thomas Harding
Subject: Re: [Phpprintipp] Printing to Epson SX440W network printer
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 21:44:44 +0200

HI,

I got a real manual, but for Epson Wireless Print servers (French version is epson29850eu.pdf)

I guess they don't redo the whole code from device to device, so

=> if IP@ not known, I'm unable to find "print status fold" on your panel, but I remain you have MAC address sowewhere on panel menu. Just do an arping on or, as root, assign it an address on your machine (arp -s)

=>  (I assume printer IP is 192.168.1.127)

* open a (javascript capable, as a debug trace shown from a private post) web browser
    * disable proxy if enabled
    * type "http://192.168.1.127"; in address bar
* you have several menus, comprised TCP/IP settings (dhcp, fixed address): set up a fixed address inside your network, set up mask accordingly. If you want to print from internet, I strongly suggest dhcp (DNS settings...). Just check for the MAC address in /one of/ printers menu, then fix IP and TCP/631 redirection dhcp lease on your ADSL box. Regarding printer setup, you can also setup from DHCP only for DNS and/or hostname, and if you have a modern ADSL box you can also check uPnp :)
    * don't forget password setup
    * /Apply/, wait for "config done" message
    * reset (switch off/on) printer
    * browse new address, if not working then arping again
    * you have IPP parameters, choose that in menu
    * check for "IPP URL", and "printer name"
=> I assume they are (below) for IPP URL and EPSON_IPP_PRINTER for printer name

    * type "http://192.168.1.127:631/EPSON_IPP_Printer"; in address bar
    * check the whole screens

* IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO FIND PATHS, then use (I assume printer name is) "/EPSON_IPP_PRINTER" for the four ones

require_once(PrintIPP.php);

$ipp = new PrintIPP();

$ipp->setHost("192.168.1.127");

$ipp->paths = array (
     "root" => "/EPSON_IPP_PRINTER",
     "admin" => "/EPSON_IPP_PRINTER",
     "printers" => "/EPSON_IPP_PRINTER",
     "jobs" => "/EPSON_IPP_PRINTER");

$ipp->setPrinterURI("http://192.168.1.127:631/EPSON_IPP_Printer";);

$ipp->setData("./testfiles/test-utf8.txt"); // Path to file.

$ipp->printJob();

for setPrinterURI, parameter might also be
"ipp://162.168.1.127/EPSON_IPP_PRINTER"

*** notes ***
* As said before, for local prints, the simple "lpr, spooler TCP/515" protocol would do the trick :) * If you have for CUPS server, then just /use it/, CUPS setups for printers works generally fine :) * If not, you can either search for CUPS settings on Internet fo your printer ;)

HTH,
TSFH