phpprintipp

Re: [Phpprintipp] Need Help in PHP + CUPS

From: Thomas HARDING
Subject: Re: [Phpprintipp] Need Help in PHP + CUPS
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 21:34:25 +0200

On 18/09/2014 20:31, Dharmesh Jain wrote:
Hello There,

i know you are the right person to help me. I have checked your PHP extension http://www.nongnu.org/phpprintipp/ and thought it may be useful.

As far as I know, it is the only effort of a flexible client library written in PHP, but there are also python and perl bindings around.

Note php::print:ipp is unmaintained for years, except for a few patches I received. There is almost no feedback and we no longer need it at work :)

we are making one small web application for Church and in that we need to print entry tickets. Web application is running on a web hosting and there is another linux server which is having CUPS(1.4.4) installed along with printer.
As far as IPP1.1 is accepted, there is no known problem but server setup and some variables setup (eg: paths such as /admin, /jobs, ...).

One of the drawbacks of my library is due to the needed "tcp unblocking mode", as there were no way to check the real state of a tcp connexion while I wrote it (and I'm too lazy to check the php tcp handling), so there is a loop on the "empty" state /and/ a configurable latch.

that's explained on the library main site, mainpage (whole project and mainpages are hosted on savannah.nongnu.org and so on).

=> I strongly recommends to download the library via the cvs URI typed

The only way i can do this using your PHP::PRINT::IPP Extension. But can you help me with this?

i have the host IP of the CUPS server along with username and password for the user who has permission to print.

Unfortunately, only basic and digest authentication has been done (see the http backend file), also it misses a way to "upgrade", so use https.

This has to be done as server setup.

Best Regards,
Thomas HARDING