phptest-users

Re: [Phptest-users] Minor bug adding test question

From: dank
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] Minor bug adding test question
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 10:19:27 -0700

Brandon Tallent wrote:
> Actually, php has a session mechanism to automatically
> handle variable tracking between pages.  I chose to
> use a cookie for that instead though so the value
> would still be saved between site visits.  My employer
> was adding 50 or 60 questions of the same skill level
> at a time so that functionality was required.  The
> reason I put it in a seperate page is because
> set_cookie.php is called from 5 or 6 different pages
> and I didn't want to have a lot of duplicate code
> lying about :)

Maybe it could be turned into a subroutine?  It'd be
worth it to get rid of the extra round trip, at least
on days when the net is slow.

BTW about your cookie resetting trick -- wouldn't it
be safer to use an expiration date far in the past?
That way it would work even if the users clock was set
wrong.

- Dan