phptest-users

Re: [Phptest-users] backslash pain. Single quote suffering.

From: Brandon Tallent
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] backslash pain. Single quote suffering.
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 21:23:05 -0700 (PDT)

Postnuke uses a function called pnPrepVar or something
like that that takes a variable and prepares it for
input into the database.  It works well, and single
and double quotes end up in the database just as you
would expect them.  Escaping quotes is one of the
pain-in-everyones-ass things about php and mysql.  I'm
going to use the postnuke function soon to get rid of
the quote problem once I get some other stuff done.
As I said before I'm in the middle of a massive code
re-write, getting rid of a lot of old cruft and
generally making the code prettier.  So I wont be able
to get to any of this other stuff for at least a week
or two.

Brandon