phptest-users

Re: [Phptest-users] Blocking Print/Copy/Paste using Javascript

From: Brandon Tallent
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] Blocking Print/Copy/Paste using Javascript
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:05:11 -0800 (PST)

I've seen code out there that can disable those menus,
but the only way you can be sure that would work was
if you required people to take the test at
workstations under your control.  It's trivially easy
to disable javascript with IE, and with mozilla the
context menu will come up even if you have code to pop
up a message instead.  At a public library by my
apartment, they have a version of netscape that is
completely locked down.  You might want to look into
something like that if you're trying to maintain
complete control.  Even still, people could always
take a screenshot with alt+printscreen, paste it into
microsoft paint, and print it out.

Brandon

--- "Christopher A. Libby"