phptest-users

[Phptest-users] phpTest Fatal Error: unable to determine question number

From: Jan Mantkowski
Subject: [Phptest-users] phpTest Fatal Error: unable to determine question number. Debugging. My 2 cents.
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 06:16:55 -0500

Hi Brandon,
hi Mapleman,

thank you very much for developing phpTest.
It's a great application.

Right now I run it at my department to evaluate training needs.
We have about 7 different subjects, and about 25 questions for each subject. Of which about 6 are random.

However in the "Quiz" as we call it, we only use 20 question in a sinlge question per page mode.

We got the "Fatal Error: unable to determine question number." of app line 169 of question.php.

We are a department of 50.
We notived this only happens when a lot of our colleagues run phpTest the same time.

So I altered the question.php page to get some data about the error:

        echo "This is a test:<br>";
        echo "test_session:<br>";
        echo "<pre>";
        print_r($test_session);
        echo "</pre>";

        if ($question_number === FALSE) {

        echo "Now there is a real error:<br>";
        echo "<pre>";
        print_r($test_session);
        echo "</pre>";

        pt_exit('Fatal Error: unable to determine question number.');
        }

Please find the test and errror message below.

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?
I am looking really bad right now, because I introduced phpTest.

You will notice, that the arrays questions and info are missing.
I wonder if this happens when generating the actual question or when returning the question before.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

Jan

P.S.:
I am running a slightly changed veriosn of 0.6.3.
In general I applied all available fixes.

You can download it from:
http://www.someprojects.com/files/phptest-0.6.3-janmartin.zip

Before first question:

"This is a test:
test_session:

stdClass Object
(
    [questions] => Array
        (
            [0] => 179
            [1] => 193
            [2] => 183
            [3] => 189
            [4] => 171
            [5] => 192
            [6] => 172
            [7] => 185
            [8] => 178
            [9] => 175
            [10] => 187
            [11] => 180
            [12] => 191
            [13] => 177
            [14] => 174
            [15] => 176
            [16] => 190
            [17] => 186
            [18] => 188
            [19] => 181
        )

    [answers] => Array
        (
            [0] => Frei lassen.
            [1] => Frei lassen.
            [2] => Frei lassen.
            [3] => Frei lassen.
            [4] => Frei lassen.
            [5] => Frei lassen.
            [6] => Frei lassen.
            [7] => Frei lassen.
            [8] => Frei lassen.
            [9] => Frei lassen.
            [10] => Frei lassen.
            [11] => Frei lassen.
            [12] => Frei lassen.
            [13] => Frei lassen.
            [14] => Frei lassen.
            [15] => Frei lassen.
            [16] => Frei lassen.
            [17] => Frei lassen.
            [18] => Frei lassen.
            [19] => Frei lassen.
        )

    [info] => Array
        (
            [0] => 15
            [test_id] => 15
            [1] => 20
            [subject_id] => 20
            [2] => 0
            [anonymous] => 0
            [3] => 1
            [type] => 1
            [4] => 2004-4 Recht Quiz
            [description] => 2004-4 Recht Quiz
            [5] => Strengt Euch an! Jana und Ricarda.
            [notes] => Strengt Euch an! Jana und Ricarda.
            [6] => 5
            [num_required] => 5
            [7] => 15
            [num_random] => 15
            [8] => 2004-03-15 03:40:00
            [start_date] => 2004-03-15 03:40:00
            [9] => 2004-03-26 17:00:00
            [end_date] => 2004-03-26 17:00:00
            [10] => 28
            [group_id] => 28
            [num_questions] => 20
        )

    [test_id] => 15
)

Now there is a real error:
test_session:

stdClass Object
(
    [answers] => Array
        (
            [11] => 500 km
        )

)

Fatal Error: unable to determine question number.