Re: Simplify Pingus class layout

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Simplify Pingus class layout
Date: 17 Jun 2002 21:51:40 +0200

David Philippi <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd like to start by turning World into a singleton since I perceive
> it to be one conceptually anyway and I don't see any disadvantages
> in doing so. Any objections?

As mentioned earlier, I want to have as few singletons and global
variables in Pingus as possible and only have them where necessary
(ResourceManager for example). Thats because I want to be able to run
multiple game engines at onces, which basically means having two
'class World' instances at the same time and having some 'class View'
instances displaying them.

Having two engines in paralell could be usefull for a credits screen
(imagine two 'videos' of gameplay action in paralell), the tutorial or
probally for warp-zones (imagine to wrap/teleport from one level
directly into another and back). The current code does not yet allow
this, but that should be the goal.

--
Advent:     http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/advent/
Feuerkraft: http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/feuerkraft/