Re: [Pingus-CVS] [Bug #704] Level editing docs not mentioned in the edit

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [Pingus-CVS] [Bug #704] Level editing docs not mentioned in the editor help screen
Date: 22 Jun 2002 02:49:48 +0200

David Philippi <address@hidden> writes:

> In the Linux version this shouldn't pose a problem. You just fork a
> new process and exec the browser. That's quite the same as any shell
> will do. The only remaining problem is to get the path to the right
> browser.

Is there any way to get Gnome or KDE defined default browser values,
well, without include tons of KDE or Gnome dependencies (since there
isn't an analogue to $EDITOR)? Or should we just search for galeon,
mozilla and netscape and see which is there? We would also have to
check that we are not running in fullscreen and to switch back if
necessary. Has anybody tested that latetly with ClanLib? Last time I
tried that it resulted IIRC in a crash, but thats month or years ago
so things might have changed.

--
Advent:     http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/advent/
Feuerkraft: http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/feuerkraft/