Re: Emacs TAGS

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Emacs TAGS
Date: 27 Aug 2002 01:04:58 +0200

Gervase Lam <address@hidden> writes:

> After trying to get a perfect set up on Vim, I all of a sudden found that
> the makefiles can make Emacs TAG files.  So I started learning how to use
> Emacs today!
>
> However, when I set the tags file then try to jump to a tag, I get "Bad
> TAGS file".  Has anybody been able to use the TAGS facility in XEmacs with
> the Pingus TAGS files?

Last time I tried TAGS (long long ago...) they where relativly
useless, since they couldn't handle C++ properly and would jump
everywhere, but not where they should. So "M-x grep" was always easier
for me.

Anyway there is 'ebrowse', which seems to be specific designed for C++
and works a bit better, but I havn't yet tried to use it much.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927