Re: POTFILES, snprintf and key_helper compilation errors

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: POTFILES, snprintf and key_helper compilation errors
Date: 09 Sep 2002 11:42:55 +0200

Gervase Lam <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm not too sure how to deal with this. Is it OK just to remove
> "../src/trap.cxx" and "../src/trap.hxx" from "POTFILES.in"?

Removing the from there is ok, the files are no longer in the
repository.

> (It would've been nice if there was a comment at the top of
> "POTFILES" to say that it is generated from "POTFILES.in".)

That file is generated by the gettext stuff, editing Makefile.in.in
might help, but not sure who exactly is generating that one.

> Managed to get rid of a few other compilation errors due to snprintf being
> used but not being declared (i.e. #include <stdio.h> is required) and
> key_helper.cxx being moved up one directory.  The cvs diff file containing
> the changes are attached.

Patch is commited.

> I must admit, I still don't know what the error messages EXACTLY mean.  I
> understand the bit about the fact that button_factory.o (i.e
> button_factory.cxx) was trying to use KeyHelper::string_to_key() but it
> couldn't because it was not compiled.  However, what does the "vector...",
> "include/new" and "g++-3/stl_algobase.h" bits mean?

Normal STL voodo I guess, the error messages when STL is involved
aren't really readable.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927