Re: POTFILES.in, ClanLib and stuck in Story screen

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: POTFILES.in, ClanLib and stuck in Story screen
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:09:18 +0200

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 12:39, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
> No, its a bug or a weird feature of your distro, but I have no idea
> why some distro do that. /usr/local/lib is pretty much a standard
> location and the missing entry in ld.so.conf is a very common user
> error.

In fact it's a very annoying error of RedHat which I've found in every
version from 5.0 to 7.3 so far. I wouldn't expect it to be away in the next
release either. I suppose it stems from the view that one should only use
packets from the distribution which don't put anything in /usr/local/lib.
BTW you should never forget to mention that you need to run /sbin/ldconfig
after adding it. People who don't know about the need to add the entry are
unlikely to know about ldconfig either.