Re: Debugging and Collision Map

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Debugging and Collision Map
Date: 22 Sep 2002 23:02:51 +0200

Gervase Lam <address@hidden> writes:

> A bit a code I made up to find out why Pingus were getting stuck.  I don't
> think it is useful with more than 1 Pingu as the code is.  Adding Pingu ID
> to it would mean that grep could be used.  So a few more Pingus can be
> handled.  Too many and you don't know which Pingu ID represents which
> Pingu on the screen.

Things like that could probally be handled in a debug gfx layer (aka
WorldObj::draw_debug_layer()), so that you would get a nicly graphical
representation of whats going on. We already have a way to draw the
collision map instead of the gamemap while the game is running and
things for the actions might be also quite helpfull. I have though
about this in the past, but never really started to implement it,
probally time to think about it again and finally implement it, since
the GUI in the game is now much cleaner it should get to hard.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927