Re: [Pingus-CVS] CVS: Games/Pingus/src/worldobjs hotspot.cxx,1.1,1.2 hot

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [Pingus-CVS] CVS: Games/Pingus/src/worldobjs hotspot.cxx,1.1,1.2 hotspot.hxx,1.1,1.2
Date: 25 Sep 2002 13:59:21 +0200

David Philippi <address@hidden> writes:

> The easier way is usually to use
>
> sprite(data_->desc)
>
> Seems like I've overlooked a case where I used the wrong data pointer. This
> method has the advantage that it still works if someone would reorder them
> again due to an still unknown reason.

The 'data' members should IMHO always initialisised first and placed
at the first position in the class, that makes thing like the above
nearly impossible.

We have also a few situations where pointer get passed and not values
and where &data_->pos is incorrect, while data->pos would be correct,
initing them first avoids that.

BTW. Any specific reason why we do:

Hotspot::Hotspot (WorldObjsData::HotspotData* data_)

and not:

Hotspot::Hotspot (const WorldObjsData::HotspotData& data_)

?

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927