Re: 'Ghost' fallers

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: 'Ghost' fallers
Date: 03 Oct 2002 02:53:55 +0200

Ingo Ruhnke <address@hidden> writes:

> I need some help in tracknig down a bug, it happens quite rarly and I
> havn't found a way to reproduce it. It is also not limited to a single
> level, even so it might be easier to produce in some.

Catched this one, it happned when a walker walked over a bridge and
fall of at the end of it, once in fall, the bridger who is building
this bridge placed a brick and causes so the faller to land on ground,
but because the code contained a bug, so that it wouldn't init a
variable until it had at least fallen a few pixel, it defaults to 0,0
and the pingu went there.

Well, this fixed the 0,0 Pingus, but it doesn't explain why a pingu
reached the right side of the pillar in desert1, since the pillar is
quite a bit away from 0,0. Maybe I just noticed the pingu after it had
worked there from 0,0 or maybe its another bug, who knows...

> PS: Well, probally time for me to implement game play recording, would
> make tracking such things down a lot easier.

Demo Playback/Recording is now implemented... well, mostly.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927