Re: Climber bug

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Climber bug
Date: 27 Oct 2002 22:56:41 +0100

David Philippi <address@hidden> writes:

> This is quite logical if one thinks about it but it does also mean
> that for persistent actions update() isn't called regulary through
> their lifetime. Since it's a bit hard to see this in the code unless
> one looks for it specifically we should probably either document or
> change this.

PinguAction::update() is called if the action is active, everything
else wouldn't make any sense, since actions are not self triggering
and persistent actions are not special from there point in the class
hierachie.

The problem is more an unclean seperation between the logic part of
the engine (update()) and the visual part of the engine (draw()). In
addition one can't simply move all visual parts into draw(), since
draw() is logically const and shouldn't change if called multiple
times. update_visuals() might be a bit overkill on the other site, so
we should leave it for the moment at it is, since there are more
important things to fix.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927