Re: [Pingus-CVS] [Bug #1529] Scrollwheel support for mouses would be nic

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: [Pingus-CVS] [Bug #1529] Scrollwheel support for mouses would be nice
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 18:03:44 +0100

On Sunday 27 October 2002 23:55, address@hidden wrote:
> Original Submission:  Scrollwheel support for mouses would be nice, its not
> really a show stopper feature, but it would be nice to have an a 0.5.0
> release and shouldn't be that hard to add.

I've looked into this since in theory scrollwheel support should exist
already. A scrollwheel is nothing else then another two buttons 4 and 5.
Adding a <button-axis> that uses them for whatever you want shouldn't be a
problem - except that ClanLib doesn't allow me to access them. The reason for
this is quite simple - the number of buttons is hardcoded to be 3 (at least
for X11).