Re: Screen (level) navigation with cursor keys

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Screen (level) navigation with cursor keys
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:05:51 +0100

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 01:01, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
> I have a speed setting of 100, which works ok. Scroller support does
> not work in the provided binaries only in current CVS.

Perhaps we should provide new binaries then. At least for Linux this shouldn't
pose much of a problem.

> F1-F12 keys will collide with help, screenshoting, fps and Co. I have
> bound them to 1-9 now.

They should work anyway. ;-)
But using keys that are not used so far is the better way.

> Yes, its very flexible, but also very much untested. I think it will
> require quite a bit more testing before users can simply start to
> configuring it themself painlessly. Action-Up/Down for example is at
> the moment pretty useless, since the button-axis doesn't interpolate
> the position, causing it to be by far to fast.

Asking people to test the actual code is the best way to identify the bugs.
Are all input events implemented in the game by now? I thought that were the
case already but it seems that I was wrong.