Re: Pingus Tutorial

From: Gervase Lam
Subject: Re: Pingus Tutorial
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 01:04:23 +0000

> Subject: Pingus Tutorial
> From: Ingo Ruhnke <address@hidden>
> Date: 25 Nov 2002 12:45:06 +0100

> Any volunteer for writing a little Pingus Tutorial, which should give
> an intro into the game and should describe basic actions and action
> combinations? How to play the game in generall, etc. The game seems to
> be quite confusing for some people and a tutorial should help there.

Would a "hands-on" tutorial be better?  For example, before a Digger
tutorial level there could be a statement like:

"Just use a Digger to get the Pingus to the bottom of the level so that
they can walk to the exit.  Don't forget Diggers can't go through
solid/metal objects!"

I think players would learn a lot more by doing things rather than
reading.  I think that's how I learnt Lemmings.

Thanks,
Gervase.