New Pingus Win32 binary

From: David Philippi
Subject: New Pingus Win32 binary
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 09:47:30 +0100

Finally I've managed to compile a working binary for Pingus on Win32.

Special thanks to Neil Mitchell and Kenneth Gangstoe who made this possible.

Right now it's very unstable. You get the start screen most of the time but it
may happen that it crashes once you click on start. Just try again and it's
entirely possible that it'll work.
Using the link that starts Pingus with sound and music isn't recommended in
case you've got other apps running. I did hear sound and music from Pingus
but I did also see some heavy crashes YMMV.
Once the upload is complete  it'll be available as:

http://seul.org/~torangan/pingus.zip

The main problem that needs to be solved is that Pingus creates a new window
for it's output so it's impossible to see the log once it crashed, even if
you start it from a dos shell. :-(

Bye David

PS: Neil, could you please add HAVE_LIBCLANMIKMOD into the .dsp and change the
optimization to less size? I'm quite sure that I shouldn't commit the .dsp I
have and you may not have installed MikMod yet.