Movers and Colliders for Fallers

From: Gervase Lam
Subject: Movers and Colliders for Fallers
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 02:06:53 +0000

Attached are some tidying up of the Bomber and Collider code.  Also
included is the use of Movers and Colliders in the Faller code.  This
means I've now fully sorted out the "Bomber stops in mid-air" bug and
move_with_forces() can be removed!  Though it might be best to keep
move_with_forces() around for the time being, just in case.

For some reason, I get the message "cvs server: I know nothing about
<filename>" for the Mover and Collider files I sent previously.  According
to the CVS mailing list, the base classes were committed but not the
derived classes.

So, I am also attaching the Movers and Colliders files.  The only changes
made from the files I sent previously are to "pingu_collider.[ch]xx".

I've tested out the Faller code on drowning, deadly velocity and bouncing
off walls/ceilings.  Nonetheless, I think it might still be a good idea to
get the changes code reviewed and test it out.

While testing drowning, I found that Diggers had the cunning ability to
dig through water.  That's the next thing I'll fix.

Thanks,
Gervase.