Re: Compiling on Windows: fixes

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Compiling on Windows: fixes
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 11:32:08 +0100

On Saturday 15 March 2003 17:26, Neil Mitchell wrote:
> Can all files be give a unique name, are both these files required, there
> is already gui_surface_button.cxx and surface_button.cxx * 2 now.

I don't know wheter they are both required - you'll have to wait for Ingo to
decide. In between you may just rename them locally to get it to compile or
better - is there a way to make VC++ accept multiple files with the same
name? I consider this a stupid restriction since they are in different
directories.

> C:\Documents\Programs\Active\Pingus\src\Games\Pingus\src\editor\object_sele
>c tor.cxx(294) : error C2562: 'get_entrance' : 'void' function returning a
> value

I couldn't make any sense of the statement without analyzing a bunch of code
so I simply commented out the offending return. This is probably not the
right fix but it doesn't change the semantics in any way.

> C:\Documents\Programs\Active\Pingus\src\Games\Pingus\src\editor\object_sele
>c tor.cxx(417) : error C2562: 'select_obj_type' : 'void' function returning
> a value

Probably fixed, it looked like a missed case while converting the switch.

> C:\Documents\Programs\Active\Pingus\src\Games\Pingus\src\system.cxx(449) :
> error C2661: 'stat::stat' : no overloaded function takes 2 parameters

That's Linux specific code so I added an #ifndef WIN32 around it. If you know
the right code to get the modification time of  a file in Windows we could
add that to the #else branch.