Re: "Couldn't load font" Fatal error (debian/sarge/powerpc)

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: "Couldn't load font" Fatal error (debian/sarge/powerpc)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:08:39 +0200

Jeff Carr <address@hidden> writes:

> I built pingus 0.6.0 for debian/ppc but couldn't get it to run. I
> thought maybe someone might have an idea for something else to try. It
> looks like it's failing in src/pingus_resource.cxx specifically
> load_font. Does anyone know what library/package load_font is from so I
> can try to see if that package is defective? (maybe endianess problems?)

This is a ClanLib big endian issue, remove the 'dnl' infront of
AC_C_BIGENDIAN in configure.in of ClanLib (no idea why it was
commented out in the first place), apply this patch to ClanLib:

 * http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/clanlib_endian.patch

Rerun autogen.sh && ./configure && make and see what you get in
Pingus.

Best is you use IRC and join us in #pingus at irc.freenode.net or
contact me via ICQ/Jabber, since there might be a handfull of more
issues that need to get fixed.

Starting Pingus with sound disabled might also be a good idea.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927