Re: About Pingus... ;-)

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: About Pingus... ;-)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:08:58 +0200

Am Fre, 2003-09-26 um 13.39 schrieb Fabrice Gueur:
> composed some demo in DOS, but that's all. I stopped programming, and I
> certainly can't do what you guys are doing.

There's no magic or required inborn talent involved with it. Just some
form of motivation to learn how to do it. :-)

> Anyway, I would like to participate in Free Software development (personal
> battle). I don't know if you have some request going this way, but I can
> propose you to translate from english to french, as my mother tongue is
> french.

There is already a french translation in CVS but it's been made while
the font didn't support all the characters required so it's missing the
accents. If you want to correct this or simply proofread it, the best
way would be to contact Philippe Saint-Pierre <address@hidden>
first, since he made the translation we have so far. I don't know wheter
he's working on changing it to use accents already.

> If you are interested in my contribution, I would be thankfull to tell me
> how I can proceed (as I'm no programmer) to help you, and reach perhaps more
> public.

Another "easy" way to contribute besides translating might be creating
new levels. Additionally, you can test the existing levels and tell us
about everything you don't like or you'd like to see added.
With luck someone will fix bugs or take on your ideas and implement
them. :-)