Pingus scripting support

From: Gervase Lam
Subject: Pingus scripting support
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 23:26:10 +0000

> Date: 25 Sep 2003 09:54:48 +0200
> From: Ingo Ruhnke <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: One request and one idea

> PS: If nobody stops me I'll add scripting support (Lua or Guile) to
> Pingus one day, it just allows so much more freedom then plain old
> static XML maps.

I assume this will affect the editor.  After sorting out the game problem
I've been working on for ages, which all basically started from making
Bombers move in mid-air instead of being stationary, plus possibly a few
small game play fixes, I was going to start on the editor.

If you are going to add scripting supporting, would it be a good idea for
me to hold fire on fixing the editor?  Or, looking at this from another
direction, what changes are needed to the editor for there to be scripting
support?

Also, what things do you envisage Pingus being able to do with scripts
that Pingus would not be able to do otherwise.  I do not know anything
about Lua or Guile so I don't know what they can or can't do.

Thanks,
Gervase.