Re: failed to compile on FreeBSD 5.2.1

From: Hao Chen
Subject: Re: failed to compile on FreeBSD 5.2.1
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 07:19:25 -0500

David,

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 09:51:15PM +0200, David Philippi wrote:
> Am Mi, den 28.04.2004 schrieb hao chen um 21:26:
> > checking for main in -lclanCore... no
> > ClanLib installed, but -lclanCore not found, run 'ldconfig' and try again,
>
> This usually does happen when you've set something like -Werror or
> -pedantic in your configuration. The test for libclanCoredoes then
> produce an error and autoconf assumes that it's not available at all.

I did not include anything on the configure line. I also tried to configure the
source on a FreeBSD 4.9 machine and got the same error message. It must be
something with the FreeBSD or the clanlib port in FreeBSD.

BTW, the binary does not run on FreeBSD with the linux compatibility layer
installed.

#file pingus
#pingus: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (Linux), statically
linkedfile: corrupted section header size.

It worked fine on a redhat machine, thought.

Hao