Re: Is Pingus Alive?

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Is Pingus Alive?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:26:03 +0200

Am Mi, den 23.06.2004 schrieb Brandon Heyer um 23:13:
> I was just wondering if the Pingus project is still alive.  The latest
> binaries are over a year old, and the development page is only copyrighted to
> 2002.  I was wondering if there was anyone out there working on it still, or
> perhaps even creating some level.

Yes, it's still alive. The last commit to the public repository was not
so long ago made by grumbel. If you want to play more levels - take a
look into data/levels/playable there are a few.
If you want to get an overview of them, try:
http://pingus.seul.org/level_comment_tool/

> I loved the tutorial but there definitely needs to be more levels.  I'd love
> to help develop a few worlds, but don't want to start on anything to find out
> there won't be a new release.

Well, there will be new releases. We'd have a 0.6.1 with some polishing
and new translations out, if not for the fact that our nice, new font
doesn't get displayed correctly. Unfortunately ClanLib 0.6 needs a patch
to display it right and there nobody with the required skills and time
right now. This doesn't need to stop you from creating new worlds
though, if there's are new contributions, there's more motivation for
the programmers to work on Pingus as well.