Level ratings, changes in 0.7.0

From: John August
Subject: Level ratings, changes in 0.7.0
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 13:24:47 +1100

There's an inconsistency on ratings available from the webpage - some
difficulty ratings seems to be on a scale of 1-5, others on a rating of
1-100.  What's the story ?

Also, quite some time ago there were word ratings for difficulty - very
easy, easy, medium, hard etc and also for how good : bad, ok, good,
excellent etc.  - how do these relate to the more recent ratings ?  What
was the logic behind the change ?

Also : I'm working on the alias.xml file for 0.7.0, I will post an
update after reasonable progress.  I'm also editing the titles,
descriptions and number of pingus of different types in different
screens.  Anyway, you'll be able to see my suggested changes when I've
put enough together.

I'm also planning to put together a perl based script to provide
"sequences", by which you can work through a set of screens, with
linking commentary.

I have a few screens crashing, but don't know if its my hodgepodge of
libraries (scary !) or the code itself.  I'll have a better idea in
time.

But one thing at a time ...

cheers,

--