Re: Windows version

From: Aggro
Subject: Re: Windows version
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 06:59:54 -0700 (PDT)

> When can i expect to see the newest version of
> Pingus in Windows
> version...... Have been waiting a long time now :,-(

Most likely not before we get a new stable version
from Pingus. And before we get that, we will propably
need a new stable version from Clanlib (Clanlib is a
library, which is used to display graphics, play
sounds and read user input. Current version is 0.7.8
):
http://www.clanlib.org/

Reason for this is that there has been some major
rewriting in Pingus source code and the new version
needs so new version of Clanlib to work, that such
version hasn't been released yet. There is also no
point releasing game if it depends on a library, which
is not yet done. Development of the game is also hard,
because there is no working, stable library to use.

And there is no guarantee that new version of Pingus
will appear right after the new version from Clanlib,
but I'm pretty sure that it won't appear before that.

I don't know what is the current status for Clanlib
(you can try searching their mailing list for that
information or ask them), but I know that the last
version was released months ago, and I know that there
has been improvements with it.

I'm not (official) developer for Pingus, so I speak
mostly from what I have seen in this mailing list.

Yahoo! Mail for Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail