Re: [Pingus-Devel] two player mode

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [Pingus-Devel] two player mode
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 04:04:38 +0200

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 3:52 AM, Daniel Nixon <address@hidden> wrote:
> Has there been any thought regarding such a feature in Pingus?

We had something like that a long while back, it was never really
finished and got ripped out in the meantime:

 * http://pingus.seul.org/images/screen_0.5.0-1.jpg

But we could reimplement with little trouble (splitscreen that is,
network support would get trickier).

The issue however is that basic multiplayer isn't all that
interesting, because it is to chaotic, everybody just tries to kill of
the other and the end result is pretty much random. It might be
possible to enhance it by new actions or other tweaks to basic
gameplay (make it round-based, more worms like, etc.). I am open to
suggestions.

--
WWW: http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/
Blog: http://grumbel.blogspot.com/