[Pingus-Devel] Not solvable hellmouth20-grumbel.pingus

From: Onilton Maciel
Subject: [Pingus-Devel] Not solvable hellmouth20-grumbel.pingus
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 14:28:11 -0400

Except if the game has a bug or a feature I did not discovered yet, I think this level (hellmouth20-grumbel.pingus) is not solvable

The point is simple:

We have to bring at least 15 penguins back

Your only available move is jumping

1) The number of available jumps is 100.

The level has 4 holes but after the last one you have to return so you actually got to jump 8 holes.

If there isn't another trick or catch in the level, you must have 8 jumps for each penguins.

2)
To save at least 15, you must have 15*8 jumps = 120 jumps

with 1) e 2) you have:

         3)  120 needed > 100 available  so it can't be solved.

So the level needs at least 120 jumps to be possible.

If there is something I didn't notice, please tell me. Hope this helps.