[Pingus-Devel] Memory consumption in pingus 0.7.2

From: usb
Subject: [Pingus-Devel] Memory consumption in pingus 0.7.2
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 01:21:20 +0200

Hi all,

I'm trying to port Pingus to an embeded arm system (tomtom navigation system). And amazingly enough, it works. But...

My system has no swap configured and it has 64mb of ram. Pingus seem to use memory quite extensively and I see in memory log that after every complete level amount of free memory is declining very rapidly.

So I have kernel oops on the middle of 3rd level...

My question is: Is it possible to reduce the memory usage?

Maybe there is a bug in memry manager or something that does not free sdl surfaces after they are used?

Sincerely,

Serg