Re: [Pingus-Devel] Programmer Looking for Work.

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [Pingus-Devel] Programmer Looking for Work.
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 11:46:22 +0200

On 5 September 2010 03:46,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am a programmer willing to work on my first open source project. I am
> wondering what work there is to be done.

There is a lengthy TODO in svn under trunk/pingus/TODO. Main issues
right now I would say are:

* fix the dirty-rectangle/delta-renderer (clipping still missing,
there might be bugs)
* rewrite the pingu actions to use only int or fixed-point, not float
and decouple graphics from game logic (needed to make demo
recording/playback work)
* add proper alpha blending to the map generation code

If in doubt just contact me via IRC, ICQ, XMPP or this mailing list.

> Also, is anyone other than Grumbel still around here?

Doesn't seem that way, but them I am not really active either.

> Last, I have both Windows and Linux available. Which should I use to code and
> with what IDE?

I don't think anybody has worked on the Windows part of the latest SVN
in a while, so there might be some simple portability issues or so
that might be worth fixing. I personally use Linux and Emacs, but any
IDE will do.

--
WWW:      http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/
Blog:     http://grumbel.blogspot.com/