Re: [Pingus-Devel] A complete-as-possible German translation + Pingus no

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [Pingus-Devel] A complete-as-possible German translation + Pingus not 100% translatable
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 01:35:43 +0100

2012/1/3 Wuzzy <address@hidden>
- The German translation seems to be very old and unmaintained for a
 long time, am I right?

Kind of, the other translation are even worse.

Now I am happy to announce that I have 446 of 446 strings translated,
where I have marked one of them marked as fuzzy. I quickly looked over
all the strings and can't find any major flaws anymore. I removed the
"fuzzy" marker on most strings because they were mostly already
correctly translated. There were still a few grammaticaly issues, but I
fixed them. But if you speak German and think that string XYZ is
still not very good translated, feel free to answer here.

Looks pretty good. Commited the updated translation to Git.

I also see an email adress to a translation team but it doesn't
look that this team is active anymore, right?

Yes, most of that information is pretty out of date.

Probably you all know of these problems already but I were unsure
wheather you overlooked one of the strings. I just let you know. :-)

Filled a bug report about those issues, will fix them next time I touch the code. The english-only license text on the start screen is by design, given past history with outdated translations and such, I prefer that text stays in english and not be jumbled up by an outdated or incorrect translation.

Might also be a good time to make the text interface a little more flexible so text overlap in a translation doesn't happen so often.

--
Blog:     http://grumbel.blogspot.com/
JabberID: xmpp:address@hidden