plash

Re: [Plash] Plash 1.18 released

From: Mark Seaborn
Subject: Re: [Plash] Plash 1.18 released
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 21:53:39 +0100 (BST)

Thomas Leonard <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 6/5/07, Mark Seaborn <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Plash 1.18 is now available.
>
> It still hangs for me:
>
> $ dpkg-query --show plash
> plash   1.18-1feisty1
>
> $ /usr/bin/pola-run --prog /bin/tar -f / -a -zxv  -fw /tmp <
> ~/tmp/plash_1.18.orig.tar.gz
> [ hangs with 100% CPU use ]

OK, will fix.  Looks like stdin proxying doesn't handle reading from a
file properly.  Didn't realise poll() treats EOF on files and sockets
differently.

> $ pola-run -fw / --prog /usr/bin/tar -a plash_1.18.orig.tar.gz
> Traceback (most recent call last):

You probably mean /bin/tar not /usr/bin/tar, or just "--prog tar", but
of course that's a rubbish error message to get when the executable is
not found.  Will fix that when I revisit the Python marshalling code.

> and broken links on the web-site:
>
> $ wget http://plash.beasts.org/packages/common/plash_1.17.orig.tar.gz
> 18:39:15 ERROR 404: Not Found.

I'm moving over to using the wiki so I will be removing the older web
pages.

Cheers,
Mark