plash

Re: [Plash] Plash 1.18 released

From: Mark Seaborn
Subject: Re: [Plash] Plash 1.18 released
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 22:41:09 +0100 (BST)

Thomas Leonard <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 05/06/2007, Mark Seaborn <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Thomas Leonard <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]
> > > $ dpkg-query --show plash
> > > plash   1.18-1feisty1
> > >
> > > $ /usr/bin/pola-run --prog /bin/tar -f / -a -zxv  -fw /tmp <
> > > ~/tmp/plash_1.18.orig.tar.gz
> > > [ hangs with 100% CPU use ]
> >
> > OK, will fix.  Looks like stdin proxying doesn't handle reading from a
> > file properly.  Didn't realise poll() treats EOF on files and sockets
> > differently.
>
> Thanks. Any idea when the fix will be available in a release?

I'm aiming to do a release in the next week or two.  After having a
couple of months of not doing any work on Plash I'm getting started
again.  First I'll be setting up a continuous integration system to
build and test Plash on the supported distribution releases.  It will
upload packages built from SVN HEAD to the web site so they can be
downloaded for testing before release.

Cheers,
Mark