plash

Re: [Plash] Using plash to overlay a filesystem

From: Thomas Leonard
Subject: Re: [Plash] Using plash to overlay a filesystem
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 18:19:26 +0100

2008/8/22 Mark Seaborn <address@hidden>:
> Thomas Leonard <address@hidden> wrote:
>> 2008/7/18 Mark Seaborn <address@hidden>:
>> > This is now fixed.  Can you try out the autobuild packages?  I suspect
>> > that the O_CLOEXEC issue will not cause any problems at the moment
>> > beyond producing warning messages.
>>
>> Still not working for me. Here's a simple test case:
>>
>> #include <glib.h>
>> int main(int argc, char **argv) {
>>       g_print("User = %s\n", g_get_user_name());
>> }
>
> I actually meant that the O_CLOEXEC problem might cause warnings but
> it would probably not cause Gtk applications to fail.  Anyhow, I have
> applied a partial fix for the O_CLOEXEC problem now, so your test case
> should work.
>
> The autobuilder was failing for a few weeks because of a problem
> caused by Ubuntu's build tools setting LDFLAGS
> (http://plash.beasts.org/wiki/PlashIssues/Segfault).  It is now fixed,
> but it took a while to debug that problem and that is why it also took
> a while to get to the O_CLOEXEC issue.

OK - my simple test case is working now - thanks!

The real program (gnome-inform7) now gets further, but I get:

#1: [r.] log: getuid: ?
#1: [r.] log: connect AF_?: ?
#5: [r.] log: getuid: ?
#1: [r.] log: getuid: ?
#1: [r.] log: connect AF_?: ?
#5: [r.] log: getuid: ?
#1: [r.] log: getuid: ?
#1: [r.] log: connect AF_?: ?
#5: [r.] log: getuid: ?
(repeats forever)

Any hints on debugging this?

[
If you want to reproduce it:

$ git clone git://repo.or.cz/zeroinstall.git
$ cd zeroinstall
$ git checkout plash-overlay
$ sudo python setup.py install --force
$ 0launch http://0install.net/2008/3rd-party/gnome-inform7.xml

Create a new project and click on the Run button on the toolbar if it
starts (sometimes it fails before that).
]

--
Dr Thomas Leonard       ROX desktop / Zero Install
GPG: 9242 9807 C985 3C07 44A6 8B9A AE07 8280 59A5 3CC1