plex86-devel

Re: [Plex86-devel] Release CVS now online!

From: Jeroen Janssen
Subject: Re: [Plex86-devel] Release CVS now online!
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 15:24:48 +0200

Eric Laberge wrote:
Aloha!

Following Jeroen's suggestion and having talked with Drew, I uploaded the three current release versions to Savannah's CVS.

Checkout "plex86-release" module, tags "v20010911", "v20020502" and "v20020715".

That's great.. I'll try to have a look at it in the coming weeks (I'm very intested to see if the VBE code from Bochs works ok in Plex86).

And finally, how the hell can I compile a BIOS ?!? Seriously, I can't figure it out on Linux! Please help, Christophe or Jeroen!

Well, I don't know what kind of problem you have, but I'm assuming you're missing one of the bios buildtools? (bcc-cc1, as86, tools86, etc?)

If I'm correct then most of the tools needed are part of the dev86 package http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=dev86&submit=Search+...&system=&arch=

tools86 is part of the dosemu package (although it's not always installed, because it is 'helper' tool for dosemu developers I think).

If you still have problems building the bios, it might be because of gcc 3.x preprocessor problems.. I think that is a (small) thing we still didn't get around to fixing yet.
---
Jeroen Janssen