plex86-devel

[Plex86-devel] Task #1356: No need to worry

From: Eric Laberge
Subject: [Plex86-devel] Task #1356: No need to worry
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:54:07 -0400

Aloha!

I agree keymap.cc looks ugly, but the ugly part is only done on
initialization. Code that is performed only once should not be candidate for
optimization.

When there is a keypress, only getKeyXwin is called, which scans through a
table to find the corresponding keys. Considering the relatively few number
of key combinations in latin languages, it still is very fast.
Well, maybe our chinese friends will have to wait a microsecond more when they
press a key, but I guess it won't really matter.

This looks to me like a false alarm.

Though somebody should make an auto-keymap generator, just like these joystick
calibration software, ie.: "Press a key, it will be mapped to Esc".

EL
--
Eric Laberge
Jabber ID: address@hidden

!V PS PE Y PGP-(+++) t++(-) X- R* tv+ b+ DI+++  D+ G e+>+++++ h! r--