plex86-devel

[Plex86-devel] Re: Plex86-devel digest, Vol 1 #53 - 3 msgs

From: peter swain
Subject: [Plex86-devel] Re: Plex86-devel digest, Vol 1 #53 - 3 msgs
Date: 17 Sep 2002 07:36:02 -0700

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:41:01, Vladimir Stavrinov wrote:
> I can't allocate more then 24 Mb memory for VM. If memory = 64 then
> plex86 exit with message:
>
> Allocating 64MB of physical memory in VM
> ioctl ALLOCVPHYS: : Invalid argument

don't know how to fix it, but upping PLEX86_MAX_PHY_MEGS to 64
kills it too. I tried several months back, and searched the code for
a reason for the limit, but none was obvious.
You're probably right about the BIOS capping this -- I didn't have
tools for building BIOS back then, so wasn't thinking BIOS!

I'd assumed it was a limit on the page-shadowing metadata, but couldn't
see any data structures that backed this up

Good luck, I'd be very interested to find out where this limit hides

^.. ^   Peter Swain             (925) 932 4431
( oo)   address@hidden          (925) 285 8407 cel