plex86-devel

Re: [Plex86-devel] RAM limitations.....

From: Vladimir Stavrinov
Subject: Re: [Plex86-devel] RAM limitations.....
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:30:55 +0400

Hello Drew,

2002.September-18-Wednesday, 00:21:21, you wrote:

DN> I'll take a look at the memory mapping issues here....I think that may
DN> be what the problem is--something about having a contiguous page range
DN> available to the guest IIRC...

Look at kernel/host-linux.c:350-371:

int
plex86_ioctl(struct inode *inode, struct file *filp,
              unsigned int cmd, unsigned long arg)
{
    vm_t *vm = (vm_t *)filp->private_data;
    unsigned error;

    switch (cmd)
    {
        /*
         *  Allocate unpaged memory for the VM.
         *  arg is the number of megabytes to allocate
         *  Memory returned must not be pageable by the
         *  host OS, since the VM monitor will run in this
         *  memory as well.  Perhaps later, we can let
         *  the guest OS run in paged memory and reflect
         *  the page faults back to the host OS.
         */
    case PLEX86_ALLOCVPHYS:
        {