plex86-devel

Re: [Plex86-devel] Plex86 lives!!! (as an acceleration for bochs)

From: Kenneth Arnold
Subject: Re: [Plex86-devel] Plex86 lives!!! (as an acceleration for bochs)
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 17:23:10 -0500

Question from a lurker:

I agree that this is a great way to keep both projects alive and
combine the benefits; everything I know says that trying to keep track
of two copies of similar things is a bad idea. Now that the two
projects, plex86 and bochs, are combined somewhat, things should work
much better. (I wish I had the time to contribute more than a comment
here and there to all the open-source projects that could use help!)

On to the technical side: now that plex86 is handling the user code
for bochs, I'm wondering what could be done for the OS. Would it be
possible to bring the ring0 virtualization code also into bochs,
complementing or replacing the CPU emulation where possible?

I look forward to trying out Kevin's good work (as always)!

Ken